Monday, May 16, 2011

BSAC Ocean Diver Card Has Arrived

About a year after starting my BSAC training I finally have a small plastic card which declares me an Ocean Diver.

It's been a long haul. The training, conducted by the wonderful volunteers at Alton BSAC in Hampshire, was made trickier by my moving away last summer. Ironically, I now live in Weymouth, within a few minutes walk of a coast that's popular with scuba divers.

Getting the card is a prompt for me to do more diving. Last summer I purchased a batch of second-hand scuba diving gear. I've yet to use most of it.

I can't complain that there's a lack of opportunities to dive here in Dorset. However, my next challenge is to master the use of a drysuit, the highlight of last year's acquisition. So far I've only dived in wetsuits, which were okay but I like the idea of remaining a little warmer under water.

So here's hoping that I'll soon be blogging about diving once again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Congratulations on your qualification Just a few more sessions and you can go to 35m :-)

    ReplyDelete